Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona
English (Spanish version Fenómeno Fotolibre also available)
8 saddle-stitched softcover booklets and a poster in a cardboard folder
240 x 300 mm.
Photobook Phenomenon highlights the role of the photobook in contemporary visual culture and takes it as the departure point for a reinterpretation of the history of photography. Nine curators with years of expertise in the forefront of the photobook movement share their respective visions.
Published to accompany the joint exhibition at the CCCB and at Fundació Foto Colectania.
1. Photobook Phenomenon – Moritz Neumuller and Lesley A.Martin
2. Reading New York. A PhotoBookStudy on William Klein’s ‘Life is Good & Good for You in New York’ – Marcus Schaden and Frederic Lezmi
3. The Collector’s Vision – Martin Parr’s Best Photobooks
4. The Library Is The Museum – Horacio Fernandez
5. Five Aspects of Japanese Photobooks – Ryuichi Kaneko
6. Propaganda books versus protest books – Gerry Badger
7. Fascinations and Failures – Erik Kessels
8. Contemporary Practices – Irene de Mendoza and Moritz Neumuller
About the Publisher:
The CCCB’s publications service is in charge of collating and publishing the contents generated by the Centre’s activities. Since the year 1994, it has published over 200 titles in different languages (mainly Catalan, Spanish and English), which include exhibition catalogues, publications of the best lectures held during the year (Breus and Dixit collections), collections of speeches (Ubanitats collection), and audiovisual and digital publications.
Publications contribute to the written and visual memory of the CCCB and constitute a source for those people interested in humanistic, artistic, urban design, sociological,, scientific and philosophical issues in contemporary culture. A selection can be consulted at the CCCB Archive.